You can unsubscribe the ITS newsletter by sending an email to newsletter@itsbre.de.

ITS Christmas Newsletter December 2015

Message from the Managing Director

Dear ITS customers, friends and partners, dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been a very eventful year for ITS and as we are approaching the end of 2015 and the festive season, we are gratefully looking back at the changes and successes of the last 12 months. These changes were made possible with the always great cooperation with our customer and the best support of our employees and partners.

In the beginning of this year we introduced the latest training course on Automobile Mechatronics in Namibia, a two years course setting the benchmark for the region. This combination of mechanics, electrics, and electronics enables the graduates of the course to repair and maintain modern cars with their highly sophisticated technical systems.

In addition to that our team in Germany, in close discussions with the important stakeholders in the countries, have now started to design the very demanding course on Industry Mechatronics which will enable our customers not only to operate modern plants and systems but also to plan and implement such systems.

Another notable change of 2015 was the formation of the new company Professional Training Solutions GmbH. Always ahead of an ever-changing market, we identified a growing demand for our training services from companies. Therefore, we decided to expand the business through a new company, called Professional Training Solutions GmbH.

Professional Training Solutions has set its mission to empower companies, syndicates and even company associations, be it international or national, to overcome the difficulties of a lack or mismatch of skills in developing countries by setting up customized training and education solutions in a holistic concept reaching from consulting and planning to implementation of individual training solutions.

The Vision is to become the leading German company known in the market as reliable partner in terms of training and education for international companies already acting in or planning on taking a step towards Africa. With the improvement of qualification Professional Training Solutions wants to reduce one major barrier for investments in developing countries.

For more information please see the website of Professional Training Solutions www.ptsgermany.com which will be launched towards the end of this year.

In the Newsletter we will give you an insight into recent events, travels, milestones, and introduce you to members of the ITS community. In this edition we are informing about the German African Business Summit, our participation of the German delegation to the Maghreb States, the new ITS Automobile Mechatronics course in Namibia and the recent Graduation in Botswana. The experts that we will introduce you to this Newsletter are Andreas Weber and Bastian Wedershoven. Furthermore, we have a special announcement as you can now access the TEDx talk of Miss Bauer.

Thank you all for relying and believing in us. Let us see what 2016 will bring. To you and your families we send our Season’s Greetings and wish you a Happy New Year.

Best regards from

ITS Mamagement  

Heinz Joachim Kühnrich

Announcements

Beginning of September ITS took part in the first German African Business Summit, organised by the Subsahara-Africa Initiative, SAFRI, a joint initiative launched by the Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry (DIHK), the Federation of German Industries (BDI), the Federation of German Wholesale, Foreign Trade and Services (BGA) and the German-African Business Association (AV). (read more)

A Milestone for ITS in Botswana. We are very proud to announce that on Friday the 18th of September 2015 we celebrated the Graduation from the Technical Training School at the Thebephatshwa Air Base of 16 Avionics Technicians of the Botswana Defence Force Air Arm. (read more)

Start of new Automobile Mechatronics Course in Namibia: This new course has been designed to adequately prepare our students with the know-how to correctly diagnose faults and repair the technologically advanced systems of cars today. (read more)

Annette Bauer part of delegation accompanying German Foreign Minister to the Maghreb States: In January 2015, Annette Bauer had the honour of joining the German Foreign Minister, Dr. Frank-Walter Steinmeier, and other business delegates from Germany, on a four-day trip to the Maghreb countries Morocco, Tunisia, and Algeria. (read more)

Contact us

Find us

Visit our homepage

ITS homepage

Send us an email

email

Find us on Facebook

Facebook

We are a member of

iMOVE

TEDx Talk Annette Bauer

TEDxWHU

This September Miss Annette Bauer was invited to give a Talk at the WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management TEDx Salon Event under the topic of „New Horizons and Pioneers“. Miss Bauer talked about why she wanted to be a social entrepreneur and shared her personal experience on the benefits and challenges of alternative approaches to the non-profit industry.

Click here to watch the video of the full talk.

TEDxWHU Annette Bauer TEDxWHU Annette Bauer

People of ITS

Our employees contributing to the delivery of our training are the backbone to ensuring the quality of our services. Thus we would like to introduce two of our experts: Country Manager for Ghana, Andreas Weber and Mechatronics Expert Bastian Wedershoven.

Andreas Weber
58 years old, Coordinator Electric / Electronic Systems and Country Manager Ghana

Andreas Weber

Tell us a little about yourself

My name is Andreas Weber, I am 58 years old and married. As Project Engineer I am engaged in technical training such as coordination, management and implementation of technical and operational training programs and have achieved experience working more than 30 years in this sector for international clients.

I started my career as a Naval Officer followed by academic studies of electrical engineering. After this I joined the Daimler Benz Aerospace Group in a management trainee program for project management, then worked in different positions beginning as technical author later training instructor, training manager and sales manager.

How long have you been with ITS?

I have been working for ITS from the very beginning up to now more than 13 years. I was member of the core team, as most of us came as training experts from the predecessor of ITS, the Dornier Aviation Company.

What is your role at ITS?

My profession as senior electrical engineer comprises a wide spectrum of activities, such as the creation of Training Concepts, the coordination of specific training projects, including the development of specifications, proposals and course curricula, as well as the definition of the required training equipment. In addition to that I am the Sales Manager for our market Ghana.

What draws you to Ghana?

From my experience as sales manager in Nigeria for more than three years I know the West African region, their nice countryside and friendly people very well. In Ghana itself we have already set-up projects, in which I was involved.

In my opinion Ghana is a prosperous country with a lot of resources and a developing economy not limited to the industrial sector. And for the further development of the country there is a high demand for qualified technical personnel.

Through ITS I like to contribute my share as a professional training expert to take technical training in Ghana to the next phase of development.

It is always encouraging when working with Africans, how young students are motivated and how fast they are picking up new learning fields and methods.

What do you think is special about ITS?

Working together with highly motivated professional training experts of different faculties, team oriented with low hierarchy and flexible organisation structures on interesting projects for better education in developing countries.

What is your personal philosophy that you bring to your work?

The better you know your client in his/her cultural, intellectual and ethical environment the better you can advise him/her to find his/her own way to a modern training and education system.

What do you do in your spare time?

I am interested in German football / soccer and I like travelling to foreign countries, and bike riding.

Bastian Wedershoven
25 years old, Expert Mechatronics

Bastian Wedershoven

Tell us a little about yourself

I live in Bremen and joined ITS after working for my father’s company for some years in the Mechatronics area.

How long have you been with ITS?

I started working for ITS in 2013.

What is your role at ITS?

Technical Advisor, Editor and Instructor for Mechatronics and related topics, such as audits and training needs analysis, as well as train-the-trainer courses.

What do you find particularly interesting about working with developing countries?

I am proud to make my contribution to a country’s development in the education and training sector. Besides this the different cultures and their specialities are interesting for me.

What do you think is special about ITS?

ITS is quite diversified in their expertise. There are many different professions we offer training in and lots of sectors in which we have provided our knowledge. We help our customers to have their own facility and with our holistic approach we are a unique private company in Germany.

What is your personal philosophy that you bring to your work?

As Albert Einstein said: "Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death."

What do you do in your spare time?

Fitness, Computer, Reading and having a good time with friends.

Sender: ITS International Training & Support GmbH

Friedrichshafener Strasse 2

82205 Gilching / Germany

Tel. +49 (0) 8105 / 77 66 3 - 0

Fax +49 (0) 8105 / 77 66 3 - 29

Email info@itsmuc.de | www.itsmuc.de

Director:

Heinz Joachim Kühnrich

Company Seat: Gilching/Germany

Registration Court: Amtsgericht München

Commercial Register: HRB 144518

VAT ID Nr.: DE 217 005 398

You can unsubscribe if you wish to stop receiving email newsletters from ITS.

Please send your request to newsletter@itsbre.de.

Newsletters Archive