You can unsubscribe the ITS newsletter by sending an email to newsletter@itsbre.de.

ITS Logo

New Year's Newsletter January 2017

Message from the Managing Directors

Dear ITS customers, friends and partners, dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Another year has come to its end. We hope that you all had a good 2016 and that this newsletter finds you and your families in good health.

It has been quite some time since the last newsletter so there is a lot to report from ITS.

2016 kicked off with a visit of a Delegation from Enugu State, Nigeria. Her Excellency Mrs. Fidelia Njeze, Chairman, Governing Council Enugu State College of Education (Technical) together with the Consultant to Her Excellency, Professor Placid Njoku travelled to Munich to receive an insight to the services of ITS and experience the special German Dual Training System at first hand.

Following this visit, ITS was invited to an on-site inspection of various different training facilities in Enugu State, led by our Managing Director Joachim Kühnrich in February. In October, the official Delegation of His Excellency the Governor of Enugu State, represented by Honourable Commissioner for Education Enugu State Prof. Uchechi Ezeh and Her Excellency Mrs. Fidelia Njeze, paid us a visit in Germany. In result we are looking forward to conducting a Training Needs Analysis in January in Enugu State as the first step in the project of modernizing existing training facilities in the State. Further information can be found in the link below.

Furthermore, in this Newsletter you can see what else has been going on within in 2016. We will give you an insight into recent events, travels, milestones, and introduce you to members of the ITS community. In this issue we are saying goodbye to our dear Mr. Dieter Pfundstein, who has been a trusted cornerstone of our team from the very beginning of ITS and has retired in October 2016. We would herewith like to thank Mr. Pfundstein for his enduring motivation throughout the years, his love for Africa and its different cultures, his strong customer orientation, and his support in all areas of our company. Thank you!

We would also like to take the opportunity to thank all of our customers for their trust and great cooperation, our partners and suppliers for the reliable team work and support and our employees for their commitment and engagement in our different projects all around Africa.

In addition to that we would like to specifically thank the German Embassy in Nigeria as well as the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs for their overwhelming support in 2016.

Wishing you and your families a peaceful,
happy and healthy New Year,
we remain with highest regards,

Annette Bauer & Heinz Joachim Kühnrich

ITS Mamagement Team  

News

First delegation from Enugu State welcomed by ITS in Gilching. (read more)

Training Needs Analysis in the Nigeria – Ghana International College in Abuja, Nigeria. (read more)

Visit of Enugu State for a status of Vocational Training. (read more)

Visit of MAN Vocational Training Centre in Augsburg, Bavaria. (read more)

ITS in Berlin at the German-African Business Day 2016 in June. (read more)

ITS with new courses in Botswana, including Human Factors and Administration. (read more)

Delegation of His Excellency the Executive Governor of Enugu State visits ITS in Gilching. (read more)

ITS at the Young German African Business Network in Hamburg, Germany. (read more)

Graduation of the first ITS Mechatronics Class in Namibia. (read more)

Contact us

Find us

Visit our homepage

ITS homepage

Send us an email

email

Find us on Facebook

Facebook

We are a member of

iMOVE certified

People of ITS

Our employees contributing to the delivery of our training are the backbone to ensuring the quality of our services. Thus take this opportunity to gain a brief insight into the career of Mr. Dieter Pfundstein, who has accompanied ITS from the very start and has retired last year.

Dieter Pfundstein
65 years old, Senior Manager Marketing and Sales

Dieter Pfundstein

Tell us a little about yourself

I studied Computer Science at the Technical University Darmstadt, Germany during a time when the computer was about the size of the room and data were transferred by feeding punch cards and stripes into the computer by hand.

In a way almost my entire career is tied to the history of ITS. I met Dr Bauer, nowadays the founder and owner of ITS, in 1981 when I was applying at Dornier for a position in Nigeria as an instructor for Computer Science. I spent the following 6 years in Kaduna initially as an instructor and then as the school director of the Officers Engineering School for the Nigerian Airforce in Kaduna.

Following this I joined Dr Bauer’s International Training and Logistics team in Munich to lead the Project of an IT solution for warehouse management, which I had developed and introduced to the Nigerian Airforce in Kaduna. Now based in Germany, this job still took me around the world and most importantly back to Africa and Nigeria for prolonged periods.

When Dr. Bauer founded ITS as a Management-Buy-Out of Dornier, I was one of the very first to join the team in 2003. And believe it or not as an intern. However, soon my responsibilities involved every step from conceptualizing, purchasing and shipping the equipment and materials for the projects to our customers. With this I have been in the fortunate position to be part of every single ITS project since.

Last year I had the pleasure of sending my 100th container with equipment to Africa. An event which really marked how far the company had come and made me particularly proud to have been responsible for also all of the 99 containers before this.

What is your experience with Africa?

My love for Africa started already during my student years where perhaps due to a thirst for adventure I had already crossed the Sahara with a VW Camper Van several times. As such I was the first employee of Dornier to not take a plane to take up my position in Kaduna, Nigeria but I arrived in my VW Camper, which I had driven all the way from Darmstadt to there. Also when living in Nigeria my wife and I took every opportunity to travel and experience as much of Nigeria and Sub Sahara Africa as possible. I will always treasure the journeys, landscapes and of course the people that I was fortunate to experience during that time.

Do you have any special anecdotes/ travel stories?

I do, but too many to tell in this short interview but rather over a beer at a Bavarian lake.

What do you think is special about ITS?

The team is compiled of people that were already working in the predecessor organization Dornier and employees that have joined since the founding of ITS. A mixture of age and professional background giving us as company the right base for our projects. We all share a common understanding and love for the African Continent. As such we have always been a strong community working for a common cause. The team atmosphere is unique at ITS. Also being such a small company it means not only that everyone takes on a variety of roles gaining an overall insight but also that every employee has a sense of ownership for the company’s projects.

What are the things you will take along from your experience with ITS?

I look back to a very fulfilling and versatile work life. I am grateful for the wealth of experiences. Most of all I will take along an openness towards other cultures that I would have never been able to acquire without this perhaps very unusual career path within a very special company.

What are your plans now?

I plan to do a lot more travelling and sporting activity and also devote my time to my other passion the model railway in my hobby cellar.

Dieter Pfundstein

Dieter Pfundstein

Sender: ITS International Training & Support GmbH

Friedrichshafener Strasse 2

82205 Gilching / Germany

Tel. +49 (0) 8105 / 77 66 3 - 0

Fax +49 (0) 8105 / 77 66 3 - 29

Email info@itsmuc.de | www.itsmuc.de

Directors with sole power of representation:

Annette Bauer (Controlling and Marketing)

Heinz Joachim Kühnrich (Operations)

Company Seat: Gilching/Germany

Registration Court: Amtsgericht München

Commercial Register: HRB 144518

VAT ID Nr.: DE 217 005 398

You can unsubscribe if you wish to stop receiving email newsletters from ITS.

Please send your request to newsletter@itsbre.de.

Newsletters Archive